Vacancy - Service Technician
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, 42.5hrs per week (including paid lunch break)
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Founded in 2001, Siyan Ltd is a Design and Rental company servicing concerts, tours, festivals and special events. Situated in High Wycombe in the foothills of the Chilterns, we supply events across the UK, Europe and beyond all year round. We have an extensive range of moving lights from manufacturers including Robe, Martin, Ayrton, Clay Paky, Philips/Vari*Lite and others.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so we’ll work with you to understand and achieve your career goals, helping you to develop your career within a professional and friendly environment.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced service technician to:
- Conduct proactive and reactive maintenance and fault finding on a range of equipment, including moving lights, LED video screen, lighting consoles and power distribution units
- Repair cable assemblies and circuitry including component level diagnostics and repair
- Maintain repair logs for equipment and book faulty equipment into repair to ensure stock levels remain accurate
- Liaise with manufacturers and suppliers regarding complex problems and warranty repairs
- Design and fabricate custom projects and touring solutions for equipment in conjunction with project managers
- Manage your own time and workflow, liaising with other members of staff as appropriate to meet deadlines
In order to succeed in this role, you'll have previous experience of soldering and using power tools and be a logical thinker with fundamental electronics and electrical knowledge, however we are keen to hear from candidates with different backgrounds about what they feel they could bring to the role. You would be joining a growing department, and progression opportunities are available for the right candidate. Our standard working hours are 9-5:30 (including a 30 minute paid lunch break), but due to the nature of the entertainment industry some overtime may be required.
- You'll have prior experience working in a maintenance or repair role, either in a workshop environment or on site
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of workmanship
- You'll be able to effectively form and maintain relationships, working both on your own and as a member of our friendly team
- You'll have great problem-solving skills and be able to adapt quickly to the changing demands of our industry
- Ability to follow company H&S procedures and safe systems of work
Desirable (but we can provide additional training in all these areas)
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry
- Experience using rental management software
- Electrical/PAR testing qualifications
- Familiarity with lighting consoles (MA, Avolites, Chamsys) and moving lights (Robe, Martin, Ayrton, Clay Paky)
- Manufacturer specific moving light maintenance training
Thank you for taking the time to read about us and about the role. If you’re interested in finding out more about Siyan, please get in contact with us at email@example.com or by calling 01494 532820. Anyone applying or interested in applying is welcome to come and visit us first in order to find out more about our company.
To apply please send a CV and a paragraph about why you think you’re the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to reply to everyone, but if you haven’t been contacted within 14 days of your application then you have not been successful on this occasion.
Siyan is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to making an inclusive environment for all our employees and are happy to make any reasonable arrangements in order to help you apply for this role. If you need any assistance or for us to make any special provisions, email us at email@example.com
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We aim to employ a diverse range of talented people, who enjoy working at Siyan and have a fulfilling career with us. Our people should reflect the communities we serve, and we understand that some groups may experience additional barriers when applying for a new role. In order to positively address this, we offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who meets the minimum criteria and declares they are from a BAME background, have a disability or are not male. If you wish to be considered under our guaranteed interview scheme, you must indicate this when sending in your application. By doing so you consent for this to be disclosed to the recruitment team in order to arrange an interview. If you do not wish to disclose this information we will be unable to guarantee you an interview and will consider your application alongside all other applications.