Siyan Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy relates to both customers and suppliers of Siyan Ltd and sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Data controller - A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
- Data processor - A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
- Data subject – Natural person
- Personal data - The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
- Processing - means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Siyan Ltd is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: Siyan Ltd, Progress Road, High Wycombe, HP12 4JD. For all data matters contact our Data Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories of Data Concerned
We collect personally identifiable information such as your name, address, email address and phone number, and where necessary bank details, passports, training & insurance information. This data is drawn from email or telephone communication as well as from invoice or purchase documentation.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services or to manage your working or customer relationship with us and to comply with any laws or regulations we are subject to.
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
Our legal basis for processing your general personal data:
- Processing is necessary for managing the supply of goods or services, in performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract and to manage payment for the contract.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as Tax and HMRC Accounting compliance.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject.
Sharing your personal data
We take care to allow access to personal data only to those third parties who require such access to perform their tasks and duties, and have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We do so on a "need to know basis" and in accordance with applicable data protection and data privacy laws.
For example, some personal data may be available to our Accountants, Lawyers or Insurers and HMRC for compliance with our Legal obligations.
It may also be shared with other supplies or clients of Siyan Ltd but only when it is in the legitimate business interests of all parties
Transfers to other third parties
We may also disclose personal data to third parties on other lawful grounds, including:
- To comply with our legal obligations, including where necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities (including for national security or law enforcement purposes)
- As necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation
- Where necessary to protect the vital interests of our employees or another person
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business; or
- With your freely given and explicit consent
Retaining your personal data
We keep your personal data until the termination of the relationship with Siyan Ltd and for a period of 6 years thereafter in order to comply with our legal obligations and in case of any legal claims/complaints
Providing us with personal data
We require personal data as it is a necessary requirement to enter into a contract and we will only use personal data for the purposes for which we collected it
Your Rights and your Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption (under the GDPR), you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
WE DO NOT TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Our website and emails may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control those third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Manager on email@example.com or on 01494 532820
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.