Vacancy - Moving Lights Technician
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, 42.5hrs per week (including paid lunch break)
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm plus overtime
Due to an increased workload we are looking to expand our moving lights department with an additional technician. You will join our team keeping our moving lights and LED fixtures working and ready to go on shows and tours across the UK and further afield.
Founded in 2001, Siyan Ltd is a Design and Rental company servicing concerts, tours, festivals and special events. Situated in High Wycombe in the foothills of the Chilterns, we supply events across the UK, Europe and beyond all year round. We have an extensive range of moving lights from manufacturers including Robe, Martin, Ayrton, Clay Paky, Philips/Vari*Lite and others.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so we’ll work with you to understand and achieve your career goals, helping you to develop your career within a professional and friendly environment.
About The Role
We are looking for a self-motivated and forward-thinking problem solver, to join our moving lights department covering prep for shows as well as general maintenance and repair of our extensive moving light stock. The role would cover the following areas:
- Prepping moving lights for shows and tours
- Conducting proactive and reactive maintenance and fault finding on fixtures
- Maintaining stocks of lamps, spare parts and other consumables in conjunction with the warehouse manager
- Managing your own time and workflow, liaising with other members of staff as appropriate to meet deadlines
- Other company wide duties as necessary (e.g. loading/unloading of trucks and helping to keep the warehouse tidy)
Our standard working hours are 9-5:30 (including a 30 minute paid lunch break), but due to the nature of the entertainment industry, some overtime will be required, including early starts, late finishes and occasional weekend working.
- You’ll have prior experience working with moving lights and LED products in the entertainment industry, including practical experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of workmanship
- You’ll be able to effectively form and maintain relationships, working both on your own and as a member of our friendly team
- You’ll have great problem-solving skills and be able to adapt quickly to the changing demands of our industry
- You’ll be prepared to work overtime when required to meet deadlines, including weekend working
Desirable (but we can provide additional training in all these areas)
- Counterbalance forklift license
- Experience using rental management software
- Electrical/PAT testing qualifications
- Familiarity with lighting consoles (MA, Avolites, Chamsys, Hog)
- Manufacturer specific moving light maintenance training/certificates
Thank you for taking the time to read about us and about the role. If you’re interested in finding out more about Siyan, please get in contact with us at email@example.com or by calling 01494 532820. Anyone applying or interested in applying is welcome to come and visit us first in order to find out more about our company.
To apply please send a CV and a paragraph about why you think you’re the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to reply to everyone, but if you haven’t been contacted within 14 days of your application then you have not been successful on this occasion.
Siyan is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to making an inclusive environment for all our employees and are happy to make any reasonable arrangements in order to help you apply for this role. If you need any assistance or for us to make any special provisions, email us at email@example.com
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We aim to employ a diverse range of talented people, who enjoy working at Siyan and have a fulfilling career with us. Our people should reflect the communities we serve, and we understand that some groups may experience additional barriers when applying for a new role. In order to positively address this, we offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who meets the minimum criteria and declares they are from a BAME background, have a disability or are not male. If you wish to be considered under our guaranteed interview scheme, you must indicate this when sending in your application. By doing so you consent for this to be disclosed to the recruitment team in order to arrange an interview. If you do not wish to disclose this information we will be unable to guarantee you an interview and will consider your application alongside all other applications.