Vacancy - Production Technician
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Based in High Wycombe, Bucks, but on-site work at locations around the UK will be a major part of your role
Hours: Full time including evenings and weekends
Founded in 2001, Siyan Ltd is a Design and Rental company servicing concerts, tours, festivals and special events. Situated in High Wycombe in the foothills of the Chilterns, we supply events across the UK, Europe and beyond all year round. We have an extensive range of moving lights from manufacturers including Robe, Martin, Ayrton, Clay Paky, Philips/Vari*Lite and others.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so we’ll work with you to understand and achieve your career goals, helping you to develop your career within a professional and friendly environment.
About The Role
Working at Siyan, you’ll get the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s biggest and most prestigious live events. Your role will see you working on jobs right the way through the process, from planning how they’re going to be delivered, through the prep and working on site delivering the job. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working on site delivering events, either on your own or as part of a larger team
- Providing support to the project management team with planning, test builds and other project support as necessary
- Carrying out prep and deprep of equipment to a consistently high standard, working to critical deadlines
- Carrying out preventative maintenance and repairs to equipment, including carrying out PAT testing and LOLER inspections
- Keeping abreast of emerging technology in the entertainment industry
- Providing excellent customer service to our clients
Our standard working hours are 9-5:30 (including a 30 minute paid lunch break), but due to the nature of the entertainment industry the role will include regular overtime, including early starts, late finishes and weekend working.
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry, including in the prep and on site delivery of live events
- Good working knowledge of at least one of our main technical disciplines (lighting, video or rigging)
- A basic understanding of working safely with electricity and safe working at height practices
- Ability to load and unload trucks and carry out other manual handling tasks safely
- Flexible attitude to overtime as required, including late nights, early mornings, weekends and bank holidays
- Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to follow company H&S procedures and safe systems of work
- Full UK driving license
Desirable (but we can provide additional training in all these areas)
- Formal relevant electrical qualifications (BS7909, 18th Edition)
- Counterbalance forklift license, IPAF license and/or PASMA license
- Experience with rental management software
- Formal rigging training and/or National Rigging Certificate
Thank you for taking the time to read about us and about the role. If you’re interested in finding out more about Siyan, please get in contact with us at email@example.com or by calling 01494 532820. Anyone applying or interested in applying is welcome to come and visit us first in order to find out more about our company.
To apply please send a CV and a paragraph about why you think you’re the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to reply to everyone, but if you haven’t been contacted within 14 days of your application then you have not been successful on this occasion.
Siyan is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to making an inclusive environment for all our employees and are happy to make any reasonable arrangements in order to help you apply for this role. If you need any assistance or for us to make any special provisions, email us at email@example.com
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We aim to employ a diverse range of talented people, who enjoy working at Siyan and have a fulfilling career with us. Our people should reflect the communities we serve, and we understand that some groups may experience additional barriers when applying for a new role. In order to positively address this, we offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who meets the minimum criteria and declares they are from a BAME background, have a disability or are not male. If you wish to be considered under our guaranteed interview scheme, you must indicate this when sending in your application. By doing so you consent for this to be disclosed to the recruitment team in order to arrange an interview. If you do not wish to disclose this information we will be unable to guarantee you an interview and will consider your application alongside all other applications.